Monday 28 October 2013

How to wear: Thigh's the limit
















If there is a trend that has really got be me all hot and bothered this season, it would have to be the thigh high boot. Whether in leather, suede or even PVC, I have this overwhelming desire to cut my fringe and embrace the bohemian, rock groupie look as seen at Emilo Pucci's Autumn/Winter 2013 show.
There is something so sexy ( I even thought I hate using this word) about a boot that goes over the knee, paired with a short (short) dress leaving only a sliver of skin on show.
The thigh high can be intimidating to a mini person like me. This is when the thigh high for your average lady becomes waist high for me, resembling more those baggy fishing wellies for wading in water. I reckon as smaller ladies, we should look for the over the knee boot, which for us will work at thigh length.

Here are the important things to remember when embracing this trend:
  1. PVC is IN ! But stick to black to avoid getting hailed down on street corners on your night out.
  2. Fashion is still in favour of the pointed shoe, so keep your look fresh with a pointed version.
  3. Avoid a stiletto heel or anything too high, (see point number 2). Going with a chunkier, block heel is definitely an updated version this look.
  4. Do pair it with a short dress or shorts, but nothing too tight. Keep the attention on the boots with just a sliver of skin on show, between boot and dress/shorts.
  5. Make sure they are tight to the leg, for that long, leggy silhouette. A baggy version will leave you resembling more like Robin Hood. 
I am currently on the look out for a great pair of thigh highs, so if you've seen them, tell me !Let me know your thoughts on this style, will you embrace it ? or how are you wearing it?

That's all for now,
Love Dani xx

2 comments:

  1. I definitely want to try this out but am terribly afraid I'll look like a... lady of the night.
    My sister owns a pair which I'm definitely going to try on and mess around with a few different outfit ideas!

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting Serena. I have just seen another Blogger do something amazing buy pairing leather thigh high leg warmers with her ankle boots. I couldnt tell the difference. Check it out here: http://lookbook.nu/look/5533844-Twin-Set-Booties-Chanel-Bag-The-Next-Morning-Dawned-Bright-And-Sweet-Like-Ribb

      Delete