Saturday 19 October 2013

Outfit post: Let's get cropped



Hi all !
Well it is officially sweater weather here in Rome, but I am not feeling so bad about it as it allows me to jump on the cropped sweater trend. Unlike the cropped top trend of summer, this is a bit more open to all. I do not have the 6 pack required for the original crop top, that's still a work in progress, but I figured I could embrace the trend this winter with layering.
This sweater is from ZARA (where else you say !) it was not very expensive around 16 euros, but it gives any look an instant update. I paired it over this animal print shirt, from my working days at CUE in Australia. It is one of the printed items in my wardrobe I consider a basic. Strange I know, as prints are the first thing to age in our wardrobes. However with it's grey and white palette and crisp cut it works both in minimalist look and is more out there when paired with other prints.
The track pants are ZARA as are the boots. The boots were part of my birthday gift from Lorenzo. I love them as they reminded me of the thick square heel Balenciaga did and their pointy toe is also a an instant style up date.
Over all I feel this outfit is full of basics and that's what I am trying to do with my wardrobe. Fill it with basics so that they can be worn again and again. Same goes for the colour palette.
That's all for now.
Let me know what you think of this look ?
Love Dani xx


No comments:

Post a Comment