Tuesday 4 October 2011

Perth Fashion Festival 2011


Perth Fashion Festival News



My boyfriend's contribution to fashion week. I love these stripey socks!


Some of Perth's fashionista's get ready for their close-ups

Belt Billy&Rose, Skirt/Dress H&M

Models off duty



A good reason to ditch school !



























All above are taken at the student runway judging













All above are taken at the Bille&Rose show

Finally I have found some free minutes to post these pictures from the Perth Fashion Festival, that was held from September 21st-27th. Between looking for a job and getting accquinted with my new surroundings, time has been flying and blog posting neglected. On a happier note I have found a job with Australian brand Cue, which I am so happy about ! More on that soon !

Back to the Perth Fashion Festival ! I managed to drag my boyfriend along to see the student runway show and the Australian brand Bille &Rose's show. Both shows were held in the beautiful and historic General Post Office in Central Perth.

The student runway categories ranged from contemporary women's evening wear to eco friendly couture. The talent was immense as you can see from a few of my favourite photos posted above.
The Bille&Rose show showed a Spring/Summer collection inspired by American roadtrip culture with a hippy edge. There were also some elements of grunge with one of my favourite pieces being a full length sheer black skirt...its a shame I am so short !
I am loving the colour blue at the moment and the model's blue lipstick and wet-look, sleeked back hair definitely tickled my fancy !!

My look for the day was heavily based on the chilly temperatures (thankfully things seem to be heating up a bit more now). I wore an easy black knit over a graphic printed black and white H&M dress ( an old  favourite) Paired with my black ankle, platform boots. Almost all black, when in doubt I feel its the best colour. With summer fast approaching here the Australian Fashionistas are embracing the colour blocking we did last summer. Lucky me I managed to bring some with me !

Thats all for now. Will post more soon...PROMISE !
Let me know your thoughts on Perth's Fashion potential :)

No comments:

Post a Comment